As I sit here and begin to write my first published blog I can’t help but feel a bit Carrie Bradshaw and yearn for a cigarette as I look out my back window. I am very similar to the lovely Ms. Bradshaw aka Mrs. Preston but in some ways I am. We are both masochists in our own right; we love shoes and dressing up. A night on the town is just what a girl needs sometimes. We both love to write and have a flair for the dramatics. Haven’t met me? Just wait! It's usually fun and entertaining :-D
So as I sit here and turn a bit more narcissistic than I was five minutes ago I think, "Blogging, What is good for? Therapy? For who? Myself, maybe. I have a place that I can vent and argue with anyone I want, because Hey! I’m online, so that means I’m always right. Right? Can I raise awareness of issues? Possibly. Can I tell the woes of life as a single mom of an incredibly brilliant, empathetic, joyous, energetic little boy? YES! Will anyone care? Dun Dun Dun…. Therein lies the question"
Hopefully as you read this blog of “Random Writings of a Single Mom” you will laugh, see things in a new perspective, learn from my many errors, and get closer to me as I share my life with you. Now not all of my posts will be winners, but hopefully you will find them enjoyable.
What "the others" have to say about what a blog is:
Marketingterms.com: A frequent, chronological publication of personal thoughts and Web links.
UrbanDictionary.com: n. Short for weblog. A meandering, blatantly uninteresting online diary that gives the author the illusion that people are interested in their stupid, pathetic life. Consists of such riveting entries as "homework sucks" and "I slept until noon today." v. intr. The act of posting to a weblog.
Wikipedia.com: Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs.