03 September 2010

Wedding Speech

So my "sister" is the maid of honor at an absolute shitshow of a wedding. I mean like every wedding has it's issues, but this one has taken more than its fair share of drama and ridiculousness. (Like really? who changes the bridal party dress TWICE the week OF the wedding?) She and I are talking the night before and she mentions she still hasn't written her speech.... omg. We talk a little about what goes in it, what NOT to say, ect. Then the morning of the wedding we have a text conversation that goes like this:

Her: Hey, do you remember the episode where Charlotte gets married to Harry? I was thinking of using some of Miranda's speech.


Me: hahahah YES! Need me to google? (She’s at the church doing set up)


Her: yes, lol


Me: Dork... give me a few


Me: Yeah..... That’s not the speech you want. (Found this funny quote though! "May all of your ups and downs be in the bedroom")


So we kept texting and wound up deciding I would need to write her a speech and email it to her. Thank God for technology, She'll be reading this speech off her mobile. Anyway, the speech is posted below.


(Written in about 10 mins)

Thank you all for joining us on this special day, I’m (name). It’s such a joy to see my favorite roommate getting married to the man of her dreams.

With Jenn’s love for shoes almost as big as her love for Dave I just had to borrow some words from our favorite shoe gal, Carrie Bradshaw…..

"His hello was the end of her endings

Her smile was his first step down the aisle

His hand would be hers to hold forever

His forever was as simple as her smile

He said she was what was missing

She said she instantly knew

She was a question to be answered

And his answer was "I do"


The secret of lasting love is seeking variety in your life together, and never letting routine dull your romance. Remember, Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. Marrying your true love is life’s greatest adventure; I hope you have an amazing one.


Jenn and Dave, I wish you lifelong happiness and joy that you have brought to each other for the last 6 years.

To the beautiful couple, Jen and Dave